Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Eat, Love, Pray

I just finished the novel, soon to be movie, "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert and I LOVED it! I must say if you have not read it yet, go to the nearest bookstore or library and get it asap!
It is about a women's one year journey in Italy, India, and Indonesia. She splits the book according to the three countries and her experiences in them. Each one has something new, compelling, and amazing to offer and honestly made me think about my life and how I could better it.

I CAN'T wait until the movie comes out August 13! I think Julia Roberts will be a great Liz although I hope the movie stays true to the book.

One of my favorite quotes from the book comes from her Guru's teachings, "people universally tend to think that happiness is a stroke of luck, something that will maybe descend upon you like fine weather if you're fortunate enough. But that's not how happiness works. Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it...."

No comments:

Post a Comment