Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Blogtember

Hope everyone had a fabulous Labor Day Weekend! I had no plans, and spent the weekend relaxing, catching up on some chores, and preparing for the rest of September.
 
In an effort to start blogging more, I am participating in Blogtember with The Story of My Life. The first topic is "Describe where or what you come from."
 
 
The older I get the more I realize how much my family and upbringing has influenced my life and where I am now. I am the oldest of 3 girls, and 14 cousins (both my Mom' and Dad's side), and I am the quintessential first born. Growing up I tended to get along with my youngest sister (we are six years apart and she is my "baby sister") better than my middle sister (2 years apart). We definitely have a healthy sibling rivalry since we competed in just about everything (school, sports, etc) growing up.
 
My sisters and I at the Clemson vs. Tech Game 10/12
 
Sisters post soccer games
(couldn't find the original, stole from my sister)
 
Speaking of sports, I played soccer competitively and it was my life growing up. I usually had practice or games 6 days a week. Both my sisters played too, so no matter the day or time, someone was playing in my family. My dad is a certified coach and coached my travel soccer team. He instilled so many great values in me not only as a Dad but a coach. The two biggest things my Dad taught me (I realize it more as I am in the working world), is that you need to work to live, not live to work and to be confident and believe in yourself.
 
My Dad and I after a big soccer win in the 4th grade!
 
I think having such a big, crazy family has lead me to want to live a big, crazy life. I get bored sitting at home by myself, don't get me wrong some days that's just what the doctor ordered but usually I love being around people or running around doing stuff. I am a super planner who loves to fill her weekends with fun, new events (I also love to travel). And want to live a full life!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment