Monday, September 2, 2013

Blogtember: What Would You Do?

If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do?
 
Travel (I know, what a cliché answer). I believe a lot of who I am comes from my travel experiences. I have been lucky enough to have the opportunity to travel to Europe, and would love to go back.

France 4/06

                                                          Paris 2/13
 
Spain, especially, will always have a little place in my heart, and I am dying to see places like the Amalfi coast, Greek Islands, and Prague. But I have not had the opportunity to explore much of the Americas. I took 6 years of Spanish throughout middle and high school, and an additional 6 semesters in college, plus a study abroad in Madrid to become a Spanish minor. (Fun fact, my study abroad trip was the reason I started this blog)
 
 
Puerto del Sol, Madrid 6/10
 
Now I have not practiced Spanish in almost 3 years and am definitely rusty. And one of my life goals is to be sustainable in Spanish. I remember watching ‘The Motorcycle Diaries’ a few times in my Spanish career. (If you have never seen it, I recommend it)
 
 
It tells the true story of 2 young men in the early 1950’s (23 year old, pre-Marxist Che Guevara) as travel across South America on a motorcycle and experience the stark difference in social classes. They wind through the Andes, Machu Picchu, and end up working (and breaking barriers) at a leper colony. After seeing it, I always feel inspired to take a road trip across Latin America (probably not to the same extent), to experience the different cultures, sights, and people.
 
Hopefully, one day, I will be able to travel to Latin America (anyone want to send me to Brazil for the Olympics and/or World Cup?) and more of the world. Maybe I will start small with a mini-road trip here in the USA, Pacific Coast highway?

No comments:

Post a Comment