Thursday, September 5, 2013

Blogtember: Useful Advice

Today's topic is one of my favorites, "Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remember." I raked my brain for a lot of advice, but this one seemed very appropriate for where I am now in life.

Haven’t we all gotten a lot of advice? Especially during our scary ‘transition years’ from carefree college student to motivated post-grad. Some of that advice is good, some iffy, some just plain weird. But I have come to find, that for me useful advice tends to focus around making you live a better, happier, easier life. One thing that has really resonated with me recently is this quote by Robert J. Sawyer.

“Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace” Robert J. Sawyer

There are so many little things in life that take up unnecessary, precious space. I have a nasty habit of holding onto grudges and overanalyzing certain situations. In the end, all these little things are affecting my mood for the worse. Learning to brush all those little annoyances, helps you reach that inner peace.

Yes, it may be frustrating to be live with someone with differing views or when you can never find parking. Or to be compared to other peers at work, but learning to let go, and eventually ignore (baby steps) really benefits you in the end.

I have found one thing that really helps me is long walks (many times paired with a long phone call to my Mom). Fresh air, exercise and a little distance from the situation can bring you to that place of letting go and onto the path of inner peace.

I would love to hear any of your useful advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment