Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

I think I am becoming a little cynical. Sometimes it is very difficult for me to understand actions of others. We all have priorities and many of them differ as to what is most important. For me, the things I value the most are my relationships, with my family, friends and most importantly, with myself. While school, jobs/internships, winning a philanthropy, and community service are all priorities of mine, I believe sometimes we have to step back and ask, what are we really living for?

Yes, that A+ in Finance is amazing and joining 5 organizations is great, but when do you start living for yourself? Twenty years from now you won't remember that A+ or all those clubs, instead you will remember those memories made with your friends. Thats why it is hard for me to understand sometimes why people (seemingly purposely) do not take the opportunities to make themselves memories, by staying in the library instead of grabbing a late night ice cream with friends or watching tv instead of enjoying a beautiful day. Because this is your life, start living it before it is too late.

Here is a couple things to keep in mind ...

"In the end we only regret the chances we did not take, the relationships we were too afraid to have, and the decisions we waited to long to make."

"You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You'll never remember class time, but you'll remember time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So, stay out late. Go out on a Tuesday with your friends when you have a paper due on Wednesday. Spend money you don't have. Drink 'til sunrise. The work never ends but college does..."

"We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets."
-Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment