Saturday, April 16, 2011

4/16, Live for 32


We are the Hokies. We will prevail. We are Virginia Tech.

We are Virginia Tech. We are sad today and we will be sad for quite a while. We are not moving on, we are embracing our mourning. We are Virginia Tech. We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly, we are brave enough to bend to cry, and we are sad enough to know we must laugh again. We are Virginia Tech.


While 32 of our friends and classmates are in heaven trying to explain what a Hokie is, I stand here sure in the fact that I wouldn’t want to be anything else.

April 16th did not create the Hokie Nation. It showed the world who we have always been. Say a prayer for each of the 32 and each person whose lives they touched.

I wasn't born a Hokie nor was I raised as one. But I know for the rest of my life I'll always be one now. Blacksburg has a special piece of my heart ♥ Live for 32.

‎I don’t know what a Hokie is, but God is one of them.
- Lee Corso

You don’t arrive at Virginia Tech accidentally. You have to work to get there, journeying into the Blue Ridge Mountains. It’s lovely, picturesque, and seems very far away from the dangers of the outside world. There is a collective strength of spirit there that feels quite different from other campuses we visit. It’s a big school … but it feels like a tight community. That spirit seems to endure long after students leave Blacksburg—once a Hokie, always a Hokie.
- Chris Fowler, ESPN College Gameday Host

No comments:

Post a Comment