Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sweet Summertime

"It's a smile, it's a kiss
It's a sip of wine, it's summertime
Sweet Summertime"
-Kenny Chesney
Doesn't country always sound better in the summer with the windows down?

O sweet summertime! I am coming to find that even in the "real world" working life, you still have a lot of great free time to take advantage of! It's nice to go home with no work/school stuff to do. I have been trying to do as much as I can to keep busy and indulge in sweet summertime.

Aren't Monday's always harder to get up for? Started my next requirement for my internship, and ice cream social during work, yes! I hit up the gym after work and cooked some chicken and potatoes.

Tuesday us IS interns went over to Headquarters (so much nicer than our office!) for a Leadership Discovery Program and actually learned a lot. We watched a video about Shackleton's Amazing Antarctic Adventure, and the story was really amazing. We then had a YRichmond event about Networking, although we just networked with ourselves the whole time!

Shackleton & his Endurance crew

Wednesday I had a few meetings and an Emerging Leaders Sensomics Lecture at the Center for Research and Technology. It was so interesting about how our senses are used and how scents are created. After work I went on a quick 2-mile run and made cookies/got beer for a cookout at Tyler's.

Can't wait for the rest of the week! And idea of the week (via Leadership Program): People don't remember what you say, they remember how you make them feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment