Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I had an amazing Labor Day Weekend as well as great end to "unoffical" summer. Although I just got to school a mere two weeks ago, I headed home as my Hokies were playing in a huge Monday Night Football Game against 3rd ranked Boise St. Since it was being played at FedEx Field (Redskins Stadium) about 40 minutes from my house, I had a few of my friends over before the game also.

We arrived back to my house Saturday and just relaxed before grilling out for dinner, then a little shopping, followed by smores in our firepit. We went to bed early after a long drive home and a busy few days ahead.

Sunday we woke up and drove to Baltimore to catch an Orioles Baseball Game, and they won, so it was even more exciting! We walked around the Inner Harbor, so pretty before heading home for a yummy steak and potatoes dinner.

Finally, Monday was the showdown between Tech and Boise St. My dad had a tailgate so we had great food so our stomachs were filled as we climbed to our seats.
Unfortuantley, we lost in the last 3 minutes but it was so fun and we had a great showing. Now I am playing some catch-up for school before our first home game in Lane Stadium against my parent's alma matter JMU on Saturday!




No comments:

Post a Comment