Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rant

I know there are a lot of haters out there.


Yes, I work for a tobacco company. Yes, I am honestly proud to work for this company.






As my internship comes to an end, interning for Altria has been one of the best experiences of my life. I learned not only about the industry and the working world but about myself and self-growth. Altria has opened so many doors that other companies and internships would not have provided me. I can say I worked for a Fortune 200 company with one of the most recognized brands in the world, and that is pretty rare.


Many people have extremely negative connotations about the tobacco industry. Yes, we know tobacco is not good for you, but when is last time you saw a tobacco company marketing for new customers, or customers at all? As one of the most regulated industries (if not the most), Altria goes out of their way to be responsible and align with society.


I hope all those haters realize that I am not out there promoting smoking or tobacco use by interning here, but I am gaining life long experiences and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment