Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Motorcycle Diaries

If you have never seen "Motorcycle Diaries" it is a must! I watched it first in high school during Spanish class and it inspired me so much. While most us college kids dream of free-spirited trips backpacking around the world, many of us are not blessed enough with the opportunity. After I saw this though, I want to travel around South America. As a Spanish minor and lover of the culture, I was lucky enough to study abroad in Madrid last summer, and hopefully one day I will be able to visit Latin America also.

The characters Ernesto (the future Che Guevara) and Alberto find themselves on their motorcycle journey through South America, and through their interactions with others, mainly the impoverished people of rural South America. They learn to never count anyone out, not even a wonderful group at a leper colony.


And as the trailer says "Let the world change you, and you can change the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment