Friday, May 20, 2011

First Week of Internship!

I had an absolutely amazing first week of my internship and I can only see it getting better! I have so many great resources (Buddy, Mentor, Manager & Team, so many people!) and great opportunities (going to Chicago, what what!) and kinda wish I was an intern forever!

Monday - Orientation where I met many of the other interns and learned all about the company. The downtown Center for Research and Technology was such a cool building and of course, who doesn't love tons of great food!

Tuesday - First "real" day of work, consisting of many administrative tasks, learning the building, and orientating myself with work practices. I met my team and am rocking the only girl role!

Wednesday - Met the IS directors and CIO for breakfast. And started diving into my project.

Thursday - Getting into the swing of things and working, working, working! Lunch with all my IS interns. Afterwards, ERIC CHURCH CONCERT with some interns! So much fun to get to know a few of them better and listen to some great country!

Friday - Getting into the work, out to lunch with members of my team and recruiter at a great restaurant (Firebirds), and Welcome Meeting with all the interns and our CEO/Chairman.

I am so thankful to have met so many of our companies top level management already, including our CEO and my BIG boss CIO, it shows how they value us interns and want us to feel a part of the company. There are also so many great intern events (with so much good food!) through my company and another group! This first week exceeded my expectations and am so excited for the rest of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment