Monday, May 31, 2010

In Spain!

So I am finally in ESPANA! After a long flight with little to no sleep and lots of turbulence I made it to the capital of Spain. I bought a phone in the airport (I should have looked into it more but whats done is done) and had to use it soon after to call our director to find her in the airport. Luckily my roommate, Cara, was on the same plane so we were lost together. But we found the group and headed into the city.

Our apartment is technically the 5th floor but the ground floor is 0, so its really the 6 floors, with NO elevator. Not to mention our keys to get into the actual building don't really work. But we got new ones tonight so hopefully they work better.

Our madre Catalina speaks barely any English so its defiantly an immersion and her son Mateo is crazy wild 5 year old. The two meals we have had have been good, its just weird eating lunch at 3 and dinner at 9.

Today we went on a walking tour to El Parque del Retiro y the surrounding neighborhoods and last night we had a quick bus tour to the major sites. Tomorrow is our placement test and fingers crossed I place where I want to! I need a good nights sleep since the alarm is going off around 6 am tomorrow!

Buenas Noches!

1 comment: