Sunday, May 23, 2010

One Week Till Spain!

In exactly a week I will be roaming around Madrid, my new home for a little over a month. I have been getting prepared and reading up on what to expect and what Madrid has to offer. Here is a summary of my trip …

• Madrid – The city I will be living in and exploring!
• Universidad Antonio Nebrija – The University where I will be studying Spanish and International Business.
• Homestay – I will be doing a homestay where I live with a family and a roommate. My house seems to be in a great location right in the middle of Madrid, although it is far from my university. My head of household is Catalina and she has a 6-year-old son Mateo!
• Excursions – Most universities abroad only have classes Monday-Thursday so we have 4 excursions around Spain to Santander (favorite vacation spot on the northern coast), Granada (home to the Alhambra and flamenco), Toledo (“City of Three Cultures” and original capital of Spain), and El Escorial (Massive Royal Palace).


Here are some pictures of places in Madrid I can’t wait to explore …


Plaza Mayor



Palacio Real (Royal Palace)




Parque del Buen Retiro



Museo del Prado



Universidad Antonio Nebrija

More Info to Come!

No comments:

Post a Comment