Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Baked Parmesan Chicken

I love to eat, but sometimes I do not love to cook. I am usually all about the super easy meals with whatever I have left in my fridge. Well, after a long weekend of eating out I wanted to make something healthy but also satisfying for dinner.

I found Baked Parmesan Chicken from The Recipe Critic and knew when I had all the ingredients and the low difficulty, it would be great to whip up for dinner. 


Mine isn't quite as pretty

Ingredients:
Chicken
Light Mayo
Parmesan Cheese 
Salt and Pepper or Lemon Pepper
Lemon Juice

Simply season the chicken with salt/pepper, spread mayo on and sprinkle parmesan cheese and a little lemon juice on top. Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees and Enjoy! I paired with cooked spinach and carrots. 

Anytime you bake chicken, mayo is a great addition to help make the chicken stay moist. I also substitute the Parmesan cheese with Bisquick to make "Chicken Tenders" but you can use just about any kind of cheese or bread crumb on top of the mayo to add a little something to a plain chicken breast. 

Also, I have to mention a delicious brunch item that I believe can be replicated pretty easily. The French Toast Monkey Cristo, from my neighborhood bar Three Monkey's, is the perfect mix of sweet and salty for a breakfast treat. It contains proscuitto, turkey, brie cheese, egg battered and grilled, dip in some maple syrup and you are good to go, delicious!  

2 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks delicious.. I love recipes that don't require tons of ingredients. I'm going to have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! We eat chicken a lot, so I'm always looking for more creative ways to prepare it!

    ReplyDelete