Monday, January 20, 2014

2013 Recap

2013 was quite the year. It was my first full year of working, which of course is coupled with my first summer without a summer break. Even without a real break, I was very blessed to travel for work and play, highlights being Paris, Atlanta, New York, and Chicago. I learned a lot about myself as an individual, friend, daughter, girlfriend, worker, and person. I think the biggest lesson I learned this year was to surrond yourself by positive people. I had a rough last couple of months, but am so blessed to have moved on to bigger and better things. While I still have a lot of things I would love to work on, like letting go easier, harboring less anxiety, and gossiping less, I learned a lot this year that I would not have thought. 2013 definitely had it's fair share of ups and downs, but I am excited to say that I think 2014 will be the best year yet.

JANUARY 
                              
Cheered the Ravens on to a Super Bowl win

FEBRAURY
                                     
Spent a week in Paris with my college roommate

Celebrated birthday's in DC

MARCH 
                                     
Hung out with the cousins

                               
VMFA Wine Nights became a Friday night tradition 

APRIL
                             
Ran my first 10k on Monument Ave (post race) 

                            
Spent Easter in Maryland with my family 

Visited Blacksburg with my best girlfriends for the Hokies Spring Game

Made a Charlottesville trip for Foxfield weekend

MAY
Celebrated Kayleigh and my 23rd birthdays at the Rivah with best friends

JUNE
Saw USA vs Germany men's Soccer match in DC


Played in an awesome kickball league with awesome people

Celebrated my sister's 21st birthday

JULY 
Launched fireworks at the Rivah on 4th of July

Celebrated 1 year in exploring D.C. and cheering on the Nationals

Hung out at Virginia Beach with my sister and Mimi

Made a trip to Brooklyn for Eric and Eileen's Wedding 

Rain did not stop us from enjoying Dierks Bentley

AUGUST
Made a business trip to Atlanta, complete with a visit from Mom & Allie

SEPTEMBER
Went to my first NASCAR race at Richmond International Raceway

Won a whopping 1 game of wiffleball

Took my boyfriend to his first Raven's game in Baltimore

Rode the Intimidator at Kings Dominion with friends (faces waiting in line)

OCTOBER
No fall would be complete without Hokie football

Went to a (rainy) Powhatan Festival of the Grape

Headed to Charlottesville for UVA's homecoming weekend

Hosted a Halloween Party on the famous Hanover Ave

NOVEMBER
Visited NYC with my best friends

Hiked 9 miles to the Top of Old Rag Mountain


Worked and played in Chicago

DECEMBER
Got our groove on at the work holiday party

More Christmas parties at The Jefferson

Spent over a week at home with my family for Christmas and rung in the NYE at the National Harbor

Can't wait to see what 2014 has in store!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you were able to do a lot of traveling in 2013!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great year...I am jealous of all your travels!

    ReplyDelete