Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday Favorites

Another Friday, TGIF, another busy weekend! My entire family is coming to Richmond (first time since Christmas), for Mother's Day and to help my sister move to Richmond for her internship starting Monday. My sister and I have not lived in the same state for more than a month in the past 3 years, so a 3-month summer reunion is needed! Also, I will be seeing "The Great Gatsby" tonight with my girlfriends, so I threw a little Gatsby-inspired favorite into this week's post. 

Favorite Movie Trailer The Great Gatsby - This gives me chills. Plus the soundtrack and scoring is so amazing I think I could close my eyes and watch this and still get chills (although who would ever do that when you can stare at Leo for 2 hours). 

Favorite Quote Marilyn Monroe - Sometimes you have to remind yourself, even when things are not going your way you can change your attitude and know how to be happy. 

Fried Red Tomato and Grilled Chicken Salad
Favorite Bite Fried Tomato and Grilled Chicken Salad - I have been craving a filling yet refreshing (does that make any sense?) summer dish and this looks like perfection. Plus, I have been wanting to take advantage of fresh food at local farmer's markets. 

Auberge du Soleil in Napa Valley celebrates 30 year anniversary with special getaway package
Favorite Vacation Auberge du Soleil - Napa Valley's luxurious resort and fine-dining restaurant makes me want to buy a one-way ticket to California and never return. I have been itching to make a trip out to wine country ever since I went to San Francisco for business last year, Virginia's wineries will just have to cut it for now.

Sunshine Dazzler - Vodka, OJ, Mango Juice, and champagne yumyum! I can imagine sipping this (wearing the dress below) in a hammock with a sea breeze blowing by.



Shoshanna Melaney Dress - The perfect summer party dress. I'm thinking this flirty little number would be perfect for a summer birthday or bachelorette party. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment