Monday, May 21, 2012

Hokie Alumna

I did it! Technically, I graduated a little over a week ago but between all the craziness I am now back to blog about it! I am so thankful to have been able to attend such an amazing university that has changed me and hopefully, I have changed it a little too. Virginia Tech has been my home for the past four years, and while I am sad to say goodbye to some of the best years of my life, I know my experiences at Tech have more than prepared me for what lies ahead. 

**Caution PICTURE HEAVY**

Friday was the university-wide commencement held in Lane Stadium. We had to get to the holding area early since the First Lady was speaking and Secret Service was everywhere! Let's just say I did not get through today without shedding many tears! After the ceremony, my best girlfriends and I had a cookout with our families to celebrate the occasion. 

Sisters waiting in the holding house

Walking into Lane! 

Virginia Tech Class of 2012!




All the Girls - sister, Nana, me, Mom, and my Aunts

Best Girl Friends 






Saturday was the Pamplin College of Business Graduation, and unlike my teary-eyed Friday, I was so excited and proud to be a college graduate! Most of my friends were leaving the next day so after meals with our families we all went out for one last hurrah. 

Fellow BIT Grad and future co-worker in Richmond


 My sweet friend snapped a pic of me before going on stage to receive my diploma, I was so nervous! 

My two favorite professors

My first two BIT friends, Sam and Stefanie, we did it! 

I Did It! 

So thankful my Grandparents were able to drive from far away to see me! 

Forever a Hokie 

It was an amazing weekend and I could not be prouder to be a graduate of Virginia Tech!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Its nice that you get your diploma at graduation. I will have to wait until the end of summer until mine is mailed to me.

    ReplyDelete