Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's Official!

I am so excited to announce I accepted a job offer with Altria Client Services in Richmond, VA!



I could not be any happier with my decision. It was only a matter of time until I made it official, since I had the offer since August (but decided to be prudent and interview elsewhere first). I loved interning with Altria this summer, and I fell like both the company and the town are a great fit for me. I love my intern and subsequent new hire class, as well as all the people there!

 I believe Richmond is the perfect city for me! It has the southern charm, small town in a city feel, great shopping, no traffic, and friendly people. It is a perfect location, close to DC (where my parents live), my River house, the beach, the mountains and of course, Virginia Tech!

And a huge plus is almost all of my extended family lives in Richmond and I am so happy I will be able to see them more than once or twice a year. And as the oldest cousin, I will be able to see all my little ones grow up!

Cousins from Mom's side

A few of the cousins from Dad's side

I will be moving and start working in Summer 2012. I have yet to find a place to live and roomie but am hoping to live downtown in The Fan or Museum District areas and will be working in the Innsbrook/Short Pump area for any Richmonders!


Can I move here please?

I am so ready to move to Richmond and be an official Virginia resident again!

4 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! Congratulations! Richmond is a wonderful town.. what a fun new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richmond is a perfect city--I love it! Congrats on your new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya. so exciting. super happy I stumbled across your blog. totally following. If you get second, I'd love if you'd check out mine. It's all about the adventures of a east coast girl turned LA stylist. thanks, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'd say go for the Museum District--it's a little further from the city, but allows for easier parking, is a bit quieter, etc, but you're still right near the action!

    ReplyDelete