Monday, July 25, 2011

Geekin' Out

Since I have been talking so much about my internship and project this summer, I thought I would share some of my learnings with you!


My project revolves around web analytics, which measure visitor interactions within a web site, measuring metrics such as pageviews, visitors, location, and visit duration. By taking this data and manipulating to information you can continue to keep consumers engaged in your site.


One tool that is great for the blog world is Google Analytics. It is a free product and a leader in web analytics. I set Google Analytics up with my blog earlier in the summer as a “demo” and have learned a lot about my visitors.



Plot of my visitors for the month of July.


I have found many interesting facts about visitors to my site including my most popular page by far is Keep Calm & Carry On, most of my visitors use Google Chrome as their browser, and international visitors come from places like the UK, Costa Rica, Hungary, and India!


This is a great source for other bloggers out there to see the demographic of their readers. If you want a simpler, high level overview, check out the “Stats” section in your Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment