Monday, August 16, 2010

D.C. Day Trip

Today I took the metro into D.C. with my Mom for a day of sightseeing. We live so close to D.C. yet we rarely make a trip in to take advantage of all our nations capital has to offer. So my Mom suggested we go in for a day before I left for school to explore the new Holocaust Museum and the city.Mom and I in front of the Capital!

The Holocaust Museum is free but you must get a ticket beforehand to see the main exhibit which basically takes you through a time line of the events surrounding and of the Holocaust. It was very interesting and of course sad. It was, however, a lot of reading and black and white.

Next we walked through the mall to the Air and Space Museum. My Mom and I saw "Hubble 3D" which was pretty cool but was a little boring and soothing so by the end it was hard to stay awake. I am still like a kid and love the interactive part the best.We Love Smithsonian!

We then walked to Chinatown and had dinner at Gordon Biersch Brewery. We both had chicken salads and a Sampler Appetizer platter which was so good - pot stickers, wings and egg rolls. After we got cupcakes from Red Velvet, also in Chinatown to end a great day!
Lemon, Cookies and Cream, Birthday Cake & Red Velvet Cupcakes!





No comments:

Post a Comment